My travels west of Chicago!

I have never ever been west of Chicago. I have always wanted to travel... so here we go to Nebraska! Home of windmills and prairie dogs!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

more questions

So David and I were driving today and he was asking me questions about Nebraska... many I had no idea the answer to... so here they are.....

The capital of Nebraska is Lincoln (I got that one right) with a population of around 250,000 people. So it is somewhat the size of Toledo.

The largest city in Nebraska is Omaha. It has around 450,000 people there.

Yes, there ARE microbreweries in Nebraska, but don't count on me finding one in York! Perhaps a grocery store or something will have some to bring back home. And, yes, you can buy some in gas stations even. It seems that they don't have any weird alcohol laws. I read that there is a Walmart, Burger King, Starbucks and Applebees. Perhaps small towns in the middle of nowhere manage more business?

No comments:

Post a Comment